Friday, March 2, 2012

Red, yellow, white

RED |  I am wearing a lot of red these days. When I explained to Matt that red corresponds to the root chakra and wearing red can be grounding, he looked slightly worried and said I lived in a strange world. It was one of our typical artist-vs.-scientist conversations. I was feeling very much un-grounded this week; it is something I struggle with a lot and that creates a lot of fear. (Sonia Choquette also recommends various other things, including rubbing Vick's VapoRub into the soles of your feet, to strengthen the root chakra. These rituals may seem so small and insignificant, but I feel instantly better when I employ them.)


YELLOW |  Getting back into yoga (the Alexander Technique had taken over a bit)


WHITE  |  I genuinely love doing laundry; I find it very relaxing, and I like taking care of clothes. Complicated care instructions and delicate fabrics make me happy - perhaps it just means I have too much time on my hands. I am looking forward to being able to dry clothes outside again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment