Saturday, January 11, 2014

Jasmine and mint



Sunny morning, condensation on the window, mint and cologne


Someone very dear to me whom I have known most of my life gave me money with instructions to buy 'something luxurious', so I got the cologne pictured - because I love jasmine and it is an antidepressant and I want to smell it all the time. I used the essential oil on my wrists before, but the scent doesn't last very long.

This fragrance, together with this eye cream I have in my fridge, is my - material - motivator for the start of the year. I know a new scent and better moisture levels around my eyes won't make me a new person, but an outward change does help to get me out of a rut. And both involve rituals that are part of my morning routine, which sets the tone for the rest of the day (I am with Gretchen Rubin on the impact of making your bed).

As always I have returned from Christmas at home with a head full of ideas and renewed enthusiasm (travelling and being away rewires my brain), and as always I see it all disintegrate or take a back seat now that I am settling back in again. But I know it's there and I can access it. And the jasmine-mint cloud I spray on and the ice-cold eye cream remind me.

2 comments:

  1. Yes sometimes a small change can most definitely help get us out of a rut. I really miss seeing you around the blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your loyalty, Keith, and apologies for my absence of late - I have had a bit of a hiatus (hibernation, maybe). But I am back, I think!

      Delete