Monday, October 3, 2011

Messy, chaotic, cute

At the weekend, I didn't do any of the things I usually do, as I shared my house with two little people. It was fun, but I am exhausted now. I really don't know how single mothers (or fathers) cope.

We painted (pictures, a canvas bag, and fingernails):


And baked: 

...and did a million other things.

They insisted on sleeping in my bed, with me in the middle, and I must have woken every minute or so.

I did get the Saturday and Sunday papers, but I only got to read two lines of one article. Which isn't so bad: I like to make the papers last the whole week, as reading material to accompany breakfast - as much as I like the concept of mindful eating, I just like reading while eating even more.

On Sunday morning we went for a walk by the sea when most people were still asleep, which made for a nice change. I tend to spend most Sunday mornings indoors reading the aforementioned paper. 

It was a weekend packed with activities, and somehow Friday feels like ages ago, considering how much we crammed into two days. So today I am taking it easy and will have an early night. It feels a bit like Sunday. And I am really enjoying my clean, quiet house right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment