Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dress in progress

I am working on a knit dress (cue overexposed shots):
Estoy trabajando en esto (disculpad las fotos sobreexpuestas):




This may be the biggest item I have ever knitted, and it was surpirisingly fast.
Of course my impatience was punished -I didn't have the right size needle (I used a 6 instead of an 8) and couldn't wait, so the dress is, well, shorter than intended. However, the cleavage cries for nipple tape (ok, or a top underneath).
Esto debe ser la cosa más grande que he tejido, y me sorprendió lo fácil y rápido que era.
El vestido acabó más corto que había pensado, y tiene un escote demasiado grande, así que será necesario llevar un top abajo.


It's a simple LBD. But it will have gorgeous, fanciful sleeves -they are long, wide, delicate mohair-silk affairs. I only just started on them and love the mesh:
Es un vestido negro sencillo. Pero tendrá mangas extravagantes -son de mohair y seda, largas y delicadas. Acabo de empezar tejerlas, y me encanta la malla:



(Pattern from freundin-magazine, 23/2010, p. 181)
(Patrón de la revista freundin, 23/2010, p. 181)

1 comment: