Friday, March 5, 2010

Decluttering my mind

While I still haven't picked up the paintbrush, I am not constantly fretting about it, for a change. I do realise I need discipline, and that it's not a question of being in the right frame of mind, but rather of sitting down and getting started, but somehow I know and trust that I'll get to that point (is that a contradiction?).
The reason for this is that I am making small changes in different areas of my life, and it feels great. We are creatures of habit, and it is easy to get stuck in a rut. We are afraid of change, even if we know it is good for us. I tend to procrastinate, and it is draining. Instead of e-mailing people, I make lists of "people-I-must-e-mail". Even with texting: instead of sending the bloody text, I make a note of it (which probably takes longer than texting itself). I know, it's ridiculous.
I am very good at clearing material clutter, but other things that clutter my life (things that need to get done -most of them long overdue-, letters to be written, relationships, worries I don't address, etc.) tend to stick around forever.

But this is changing. I am dealing with my inbox and try to reply to e-mails within a week.
I go for a run when I'm at home and have half an hour, instead of thinking about how I don't do it enough and then reaching for the chocolate and feeling frustrated.
On my days off I try to stick to a (very loosely defined -it IS my time off, after all) schedule to ensure I don't just doss around all day.

One thing I just can't get myself to get sorted out is my car -it needs to get serviced, among other things. This is the part of me that is still a child and thinks anything to do with cars has to be dealt with by adults (men). Or I simply dread the bills.

Today is another beautiful day -it smells of spring. I went down to the beach and cleansed my crystals with sea water:

This parcel is on its way to my sister (a late birthday present -must work on that, too...):


Hope you all have a great weekend!

Todavía no he empezado a pintar otra vez, pero por lo menos en estos días no me preocupo tanto de esto.
Sé que necesito disciplina, y que no es cuestión de estar en el estado de ánimo, sino de sentarse y empezar, pero siento y espero que este punto va a llegar (es contradictorio?).
La razón es que estoy cambiando varios campos de mi vida, y me siento mejor por eso. Somos animales de costumbres, y es fácil estancarse en una rutina. Tememos el cambio, incluso si sabemos que nos serviría bien.
Suelo procrastinar, y es agotando. Por ejemplo, en vez de mandar un e-mail o mensaje, apunto que debería hacerlo.
Mi entorno físico no está abarrotado -me gusta tener todo en órden-, pero mi mente, sí. Cosas que debería hacer, cartas que no se han escrito, relaciones, preocupaciones -estas suelen quedarse.
Pero está cambiando ya.
Trato de contestar a los e-mails dentro de una semana.
Hago footing cuando tengo media hora, en vez de contemplarlo y comer chocolate y sentirme frustrada.
En mis días libres intento mantener cierto programa, así que no paso todo el día sin hacer nada.

Una cosa que aún no quiero hacer es llevar el coche al taller. Es la parte de mí que sigue ser niña y ve los coches como algo con lo que deberían tratar los adultos (los hombres...). O simplemente temo la factura.

Hoy hace muy bueno -huele de primavera. Fui a la playa a limpiar mis cristales y envié un paquete para mi hermana.

Que tengáis un buen fin de semana!

4 comments:

  1. Marinina preciosa, la primavera es tiempo de renovación, todo vuelve a oler a nuevo y ya está cerca.
    Buen fin de semana. Besinos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veo que alli tambien tienes playa cerca.
    Hasta pronto Marina, un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchas cosas deberias hacerlo , si, pero poco a poco..Me alegro de verte.
    Un abrazo Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabia -muchas gracias, espero que tuviste un buen fin de semana. Sí, la primavera ha llegado a estas partes :) Besos

    Xavier -sí, está muy cerca la playa. Me hace muy feliz. Un abrazo

    Arena -muchas gracias, y yo me alegro de verte a ti. Tienes razón, poco a poco se logra más. Besos

    ReplyDelete