Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Illustration | Red tractor





This little guy has accompanied me for well over a year, and it is now in the hands of the printers. The character was thought up by Amie Ní Nualláin, and we played around with a few different shapes to pin down what he should look like. I took inspiration from an old tractor in our friend's garden. The story will be published soon, all going well.

The builders arrived a day after I got back, and there is so much to do, I am getting by on six hours of sleep each night instead of my usual eight or nine. At night I slather myself in lavender oil to make the six hours as restful as possible, and I am doing my best to eat well to have the energy to get everything done. I imagine my current day-to-day is similar to what for many people would be their normal routine in terms of sleep and workload, but I know I wouldn't be able to function on so little sleep for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment