Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Irish Summer

This picture is just to remind myself that it hasn't been raining non-stop (of course my whole posture -look at my feet!- says "COLD AND WINDY", but never mind). This is where we have been having our lunch on the not wet days recently. I actually don't mind the rain, but in the summer it would be nice to get some... sun...occasionally.
In three weeks' time (or so) I am going home for three weeks (or so). This is when I freak out and think I have to get so many things done before I go (because visiting home always feels like an epic trip). As in all the things I had plenty of time to do between Christmas and the summer, but didn't, and so they have to be crammed into these few weeks. I won't bore you with all the details, but here are some of them (and just to make myself feel better, I shall include things that I have already done):

-get the car serviced. DONE! (I am guilty of avoiding going to the dentist and the doctor's and anything to do with the car. But it's such a relief to get these things done)
-finish a painting that my friend commissioned (read: did me the favour to commission because I am poor...)
-start work on the new project (it's to do with illustration, my new passion,which has been mainly happening in my head so far)
-get work stuff organised. DONE!
-organise my cupboards. DONE! I love decluttering.
-make sure I won't get sick again. PLEASE. So lots of bee pollen, propolis, vitamin C.

Esta foto es para recordarme que no ha llovido todo el tiempo (mi postura dice, por supuesto, que tengo frío y que hace mucho viento). Es donde hemos ido a almorzar cuando hacía bueno recientemente. No me importa la lluvia, pero en el verano estaría bien tener un poco de sol...
En tres semanas voy a visitar a mi familia por tres semanas o algo así. Ahora es cuando me pongo frenética pensando que debería hacer tantas cosas antes de irme (como si me fuera por meses). Cosas que habría podido hacer entre Navidad y el verano, pero no las hice, así que ahora tendré que meterlas en estas semanas. No os voy a aburrir con los detalles, pero aquí son algunas (y, para sentirme mejor, incluiré las que ya he hecho):

-hacerle una revisión al coche (HECHO) Suelo desatender el coche e ir al dentista, etc. Pero me siento mucho mejor cuando hago estas cosas.
-terminar un cuadro que me encargó un amigo (me hizo un favor, creo, porque sabía que necesitaba dinero...)
-empezar el nuevo proyecto (que tiene que ver con ilustraciones, mi nueva pasión, que ha vivido más en mi mente hasta ahora)
-organizar documentos del trabajo y las despensas. HECHO y HECHO
-asegurar que no me pongo enferma otra vez. POR FAVOR! Mucho polen, mucha vitamina C.

5 comments:

  1. Hola Marina, te veo fenomenal!! se constante y no bajes la guardia. Que pases unos dias estupendos con tu familia , eso te recargará las pilas.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, Arena! Sí, estoy segura de que estar con mi familia me recargará las pilas -siempre lo hace. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more than sure that it will. But I hope that you're going to be there at least a month! Please... I really miss you.
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, Billy, I miss you, too! And you've convinced me -it'll be almost a whole month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- I love wind. But I would choose sun over wind, specially in summer.
    2-The Marinamobile!! How is it?
    3-Estás guapísima en la foto. Totalmente.

    ReplyDelete